Home :: Welcome to Southwestern Virginia Mental Health Institute!
Most Beautiful Hospitals 2015
Most Beautiful Hospitals in America Voting
Southwestern Virginia Mental Health Institute has been nominated as one of the most beautiful hospitals in the U.S.! To get into the Top 20 list, we need your vote and have received the ok for us to spread the word to our staff, all our friends and our colleagues.
Click on the link below at the bottom of this page and scroll down to our hospital’s name, click the round “radio button” next to our name, then click Submit My Vote.
Remember: you may vote as many times as you want! So vote now and often and ask your friends to vote also! I think we have a great chance!
Check back on June 15th to see if our hospital is named among Soliant’s 2015 Most Beautiful Hospitals in the U.S.!
SWVMHI is looking for outstanding people to be a part of our team!
Take a Tour of SWVMHI
Come, take a tour of SWVMHI!
Video may take a moment to load.
News & Announcements
- Added the May newsletter! Check it out!
- Added new Job Openings!
- Interested in our history? Check out the photo gallery and take a look!
- Join the SWVMHI team to start a wonderful career! Look at what jobs we have available.
- Cindy Jones received the 2011 Governor Award! Read more about this!
- SWVMHI received its first two patients on May 17, 1887.
- The Henderson Building, now housing Administrative offices, is the oldest building still in use in the Department of Behavioral Health and is listed as a National Historic Building.